Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Wonderfully Made

"For (you) are Fearfully and Wonderfully made..." Psalms 139

I think that everyone in our home LOVES newborn babies.  We have something of a baby fever here.  Good thing that Tianna is having one any day now!  There is much excitement here at our house waiting for our new cousin.  Jacob had this idea to make the baby a pillow for his bed to welcome him.  I must admit that I thought of Michael as my "project boy" and Jacob as my "toy boy" - when will I learn to stop attaching labels to anyone, let alone my own children?  Silly me.  Jacob has fully embraced a love of all projects, and dreams up very creative gifts for people these days.  ...I started something at Christmas I suppose!
So of course we got to work on the new baby's pillow.  He drew the picture with fabric markers on a piece of muslin.  He also chose the back.  Then he sat on my lap and fed the fabric thru the machine.  Last he helped stuff the pillow.

The pillow says, "I love the newborn baby" and he wanted to add "even though I don't know him yet".  I had to convince him that it would be a bit crowded on the pillow with all those words, and he could just tell them that bit.  That is how we all feel about him though! 

No comments: