I loved Pattern Blocks when I was little. They remind me of elementary school. I'm not sure if they still use them in schools, but I have a whole set here at home. Today the little boys discovered them too! I set them out at breakfast. Michael experimented with them before school. Then this little group fell in love with them right before lunch. Little Peter was here for our usual Tuesday play date. Each boy was engrossed in their own picture pattern. Scotty instantly understood the process. Jacob has now been working on them for 3 hours! He has completed every single card while Scotty napped. Very productive work going on here at the Osborn home. Our last discussion was on the difference between an octagon and hexagon. Scotty loves when he can do the same project as the big kids...after all he is almost 3 !?! This took him about 15 seconds to understand. With a tiny bit of help, he would place each shape in its place. He loved the colors and each shape's name.
No comments:
Post a Comment