Thursday, January 14, 2010

Look Mom!

Today we stopped by the camera store (my latest favorite hang-out) after picking up Michael from school.  I was off to one corner talking with the big boys, while Scotty was wandering near us by the door.  Scotty gasped loudly.  Then shrieked, "Mom! It's Santa! It's really Him!!"  He was frozen stiff, mouth open, pointing staight up above himself at a man that had just walked into the store.  And it was Santa - a very big, tall, older man, with the biggest and whitest beard I have ever seen.  His face was red and jolly, he was wearing overalls and a red plaid shirt.  He gave Scotty a big smile and laughed!  I said, "He thinks you really are Santa".  Without missing a beat he responded, "Be extra nice to your Mom this year and give her lots of hugs and I'll bring you lots of presents next year!" Then off he went to get his photos.

No comments: