"I LOVE SKIING!"
All afternoon and evening this is all I have heard from Michael, "Mom, I LOVE SKIING!". He has a new love, a new favorite sport, wonders when we are going back and if we can go back sooner. Today was our first day on the mountain. Thanks to the good advice from Jodi, we went up to Solitude which is a cozy little family ski slope (reminded me of Washington skiing). It is super close to our house, not crowded, and designed for families. Also good advice from the ski school, was to get them a lesson today with a private instructor for their first day on the mountain. They had such a great time with this girl! I told the boys it would be like being with a fun babysitter and you get to be skiing! Mikey told me I was right. She had fun with them too. They were so very nervous to start, but came off the mountain feeling like champs! Jacob was exhausted and Michael talked their instructor into taking him on one more run. In the lodge after, Mikey said, "I didn't know that Grampa gave us MY BEST CHRISTMAS PRESENT OF MY WHOLE LIFE!" He is totally in love.
Here comes Jacob with their instructor thru the little turning course that they called the "race course". He did such a fabulous job.
And here is Michael! Down the mountain - he was a natural! On his last run she let him do the last bit as fast as he wanted. Next he is excited to try some of the big runs. A new obsession has been started. We live in the right place.
No comments:
Post a Comment