Happy New Year!
Did you know I love New Years? ...I like saying goodbye to the last year, setting new goals, looking forward and wondering what is next while remembering what I have learned in the past 365 days. We had a cozy family evening last night in our own celebratory way! Scotty went to bed early of course. Then we lit the fire in the fireplace. I pulled out the lists of resolutions we wrote from last New Year's Eve. Peter was very sick, just a couple weeks after surgery. We remembered that night clearly. Jacob was too little to really participate that year - his was just a traced hand that was decorated. That made him giggle. How he has grown! We read our lists out loud and talked together about which were accomplished and which we forgot about entirely. (I had wanted to make Scotty's baby book apparently...still need to do that! yikes.). Then everyone got to work on new lists. Top on Michael's: Getting Baptized. Top on Jacob's: Learning to write all the lower case letters. Peter then surprised the boys with a stash of fireworks I had found in the garage on an earlier clean out and had saved for just such an event. Thrilling of course - fire in the snow!
We then tried to stay up until midnight. Jacob and I only made in until about 10:45 in front of a Sponge Bob marathon. Mikey made it until 11:30. Peter took us all to bed.
Here is Scotty sampling the morning muffins. I had so much Primary stuff to work on that morning. For some reason when I have so much to do - I cook! I decided to try a new blueberry muffin recipe. It is vacation afterall.
2 recipes. One for Scotty and one for everyone else of course. Both were delicious.
No comments:
Post a Comment