Ruby the Dog
Last night my parent's cute dog Ruby was taken by the coyotes on the farm. I told my boys this afternoon after school. Jacob instantly wanted to go make a card for Gramma and Grampa. He pulled out the stickers and markers and got right to work. Scotty wants to know what coyotes look like - what color they are especially. Then he built a "den" out of couch cushions and played in it for the afternoon. Michael was too sad to get off the couch for a while. He said, "Maybe when I am 15, it won't be as sad to me anymore." He has been wanting to talk about it since I told him. Sometimes he tells me that he wishes he didn't know about it. Sometimes he asks to look at photos of her. The last thing he said was, "I hope they choked on her collar." He is now mad. That little dog was my parent's companion on their mission and made the long trip back to live on the farm. We all loved her! Someday I hope we can have a dog that my boys love and becomes our special pet.
No comments:
Post a Comment