There are some major advantages to having older brothers. Right now before bed, the big boys all do their school reading. Scotty has been closely observing. Lately he has been spelling out words everywhere we go and asking me what they say - books, signs, cereal boxes. He is fascinated by all letters and their sounds. Yesterday afternoon I decided to experiment with this little guy. I got out our trusty box of Bob books - book #1 - Mat. Well this 3-year-old easily sounded out each word without me even needing to explain. When he realized that he was reading, he would giggle with joy after each word. Later that night we performed for the big boys and again for Dad. It was pretty exciting.
He also surprised me at Library time today, writing his own name on his coloring page. I think it was a first - but to him it was no big deal.
No comments:
Post a Comment