Thursday, September 16, 2010

Katydid


On Tuesday night I found this giant bug on the car door handle after a parent meeting at the school. Knowing that certain little boys would love it, I caught it in a paper cup and brought it home. The were thrilled to find this "leaf bug" in jar in the morning. To help with the transition of dropping Scotty off at preschool, I suggested he take the bug to show his class. At this suggestions, each boy wanted to show his class! So, Scotty took it to preschool first. His teacher taught us that it was a Katydid - the really loud bugs at night. We talked about how they rub their legs like a violin to make sounds. He was so thrilled to put it on the science table that he all but forgot that I was leaving him there! Perfect. After preschool we delivered it to Jacob's class. Later that day Jacob took it up to Michael's room. It was a great show-and-tell.

No comments: