Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Big Boy

One last first day of school in this house today. Scotty is off to preschool at the JCC! Yesterday we went and visited together, met his teachers, met the class pet enormous bug, found his cubby and got excited. He loved wearing his back pack, bringing snack in his Spiderman lunchbox and wearing "school clothes". In the car he said, "OK Mom, you can go and I will stay at school!" He was excited to see the playground just for 3 year olds - NOT the big boys. We walked into the classroom, played with all the things we saw yesterday for a good half hour together. Then it was time for me to leave and he got very sad, very fast. And so, his teacher with 20 years experience, comforted him, held him, cuddled him and helped him blow a kiss goodbye. By the time I was in the car I was crying too! How much longer until I get to go pick him up??
Breaking news!! His teacher just called right this minute. The report: He cried for 2 minutes and is now having a blast painting at the easel and chatting away with the teachers. Whew. We will both survive.



No comments: