
Last night we took the big boys to go see Lion King the musical here in town. I have waited many many years to see this show - I think it has been 12 years, since I was a Junior in college. I was tempted many times to figure out a way to fly to NYC and see it! But of course I didn't. We bought the tickets the day they went on sale, so we were able to get really great seats.
Whitney joined us, as we took the boys out to a fun fancy dinner before the show. We went to Wild Grape, which is one of our favorite date-night restaurants. The boys were thrilled with their flavored lemonade, sliders with fries, and pecan pie with vanilla ice cream.
As the show started the animals walked down the aisles right by our seats. It was thrilling to all of us. I loved watching the boys faces with each new interesting creature. Michael told me he like thinking about how each puppet worked during the whole show. Jacob's favorite animal was the cheetah. Through out the show Michael would turn to me and ask: Was it worth the wait, Mom?? ...knowing my answer was a definite YES!
No comments:
Post a Comment