Friday, September 24, 2010

GG

Last night it was my turn to host Gourmet Group. Originally I was supposed to do it last spring, but ended up on IV's that same night. We needed someone to take September and I jumped at the chance to do one last creative project before baby Colin gets here. Not only do I love cooking the food - but planning the table as well. Last night was our Back-to-School dinner. I had kraft paper on the table, mason jars of white flowers, pencils on the napkins, candles in small jars, and an apple for each place setting. I drew an outline for the placemat with a white pastel so that it looked like chalk. Fun. Thanks to Amy's help with all the kid-o's I was actually able to have fun doing all of it and not end up sick in bed instead. For the first time I relinquished control of all the food. Be proud of me! It was nice to have some help with the appetizer, drink and salad.
Fun night. Good friends. Pretty table. Yummy food. I love all of it.

No comments: