I woke up early this morning to make Conference Muffins, trying to beat the inevitable puking that was soon to come. When Peter and I were first married, he asked if I was going to make ConferenceMuffins for General Conference. What were Conference Muffins? ...apparently the muffins that I made every single General Conference without even realizing it (...the same ones my mom baked of course)! The name stuck. They are my Grandma Renae's recipe for cinnamon muffins - they taste like a doughnut, but baked like a muffin. Now we all look forward to this breakfast treat twice yearly. Jacob especially starts talking about them as we get closer to Conference weekend. It is fun to have this tradition on a weekend that feels as exciting as a holiday. Peter and I love General Conference! We hope our love will be contagious to our children! Right now it is a bit challenging to help all little bodies sit and watch so that it is actually enjoyable to all. We will get there someday... Three happy children working quietly on their Conference coloring packets....photos can be deceiving!! This lovely sight lasted about 20 minutes. Ha! The afternoon session was much more successful when they realized from the morning's experience that we were actually serious about sitting and watching QUIETLY!
No comments:
Post a Comment