Saturday night, before Easter, Peter took Colin to the ER to have a small MRSA infection on his thumb lanced and cleaned. I decided to proceed with my Easter lesson for the big boys. Admittedly I was nervous about the baby, because of his serious infection last month. The boys were excited and surprised when we opened the egg carton. Each egg contained something small that related to the story of Christ's resurrection. They each took turns opening an egg, while Michael read the corresponding scripture from the New Testament.
Jacob declared the last egg was for him. The last egg is empty - to represent the empty tomb because of the resurrection. When he opened it, he was mad and yelled, "What a rip off! That is just not fair. Why is my egg empty?!?" He was actually really mad. I was still stressed about the baby, about to close our lesson with some final teaching thoughts and totally over reacted, yelling at Jacob. Michael gave him a dirty look, and Jacob burst into sobbing tears. He cried, "I am so sorry, I didn't mean that". What a disaster. I felt horrible - my reaction really killed the whole spirit of the lesson. We closed the carton and apologized to each other. Off to bed, to wait for Peter to get home. What a bad Mom Moment. Good thing all of Easter happened, and we can say sorry, forgive, and love.
No comments:
Post a Comment