3 babies have slept in this nursery. Jacob was 1.5 when we moved here. Scotty took his turn, and now Colin. I like to have babies sleeping in their own rooms - while the big boys crowd in the other. Jacob was a champion sleeper, but then FPIES hit the next 2 babies. Sleepless nights have become routine these past 5 years. They have each drank night bottles of their elemental formulas routinely each night [Scotty did until he was 3!]. And then I am not quite able to put my finger on the reason for this wakeful pattern for the sick kids of the house. I just know that once Scotty was "better", he started sleeping. I seem to notice this trend of many other FPIES kids as well.
Colin did get a fresh set of bedding [thank you Mom!]. After Scotty's years of throwing up, the original crib bedding was trashed. No amount of washing could bring it back. But the walls have always been this color. Father Fox's Penny Rhymes hang on the wall. Mom's baby quilts hang next to the crib.
My gramma's rocking chair sits next the big rocker. Each toddler loves sitting in this little chair to look at books, of which there are always many in the room. I love this room and the memories of rocking my babies here.




No comments:
Post a Comment