On April 2nd we celebrated the birth of Scott Williams Osborn. 5 years ago, I drove myself to the hospital while in labor. Peter had just had back surgery 2 weeks prior, and was laying flat in the passenger's seat. I was sure it was a false alarm, and was so surprised to hear the nurse say I was having a baby that night. I had just cooked Sunday dinner for my brothers and family. Blake and Tianna stayed with Michael and Jacob while I assured them I'd be back in a couple hours. While we were at the hospital peter laid flat - nurses would come in and check on me, and then on Peter. It was quite a sight! Early Monday morning, we had our new baby in our arms. Alex came in the middle of the night to see him. Sick for 9 straight months, I felt better the instant he was born. Finally I could eat - and the nurses found a sandwich for me. I was starving! He stopped breathing for a bit and was sent to the NICU for the night. The next morning he was fine - and I held him for the next 48 straight hours. Peter couldn't drive himself to the hospital, so I spent most of the time there by myself. The nurses kept offering to take him from me, but I couldn't put him down. For those 2 days, I got to be just his mom before going home to the craziness at my house. I loved every minute of it.
This year for his birthday all he wanted was an ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins. He never could try one before, and this was his dream come true. I took him to the store the week before and spent a good half hour looking thru the book of options with him. Happily I ordered this cake for my [former] allergy boy.

No comments:
Post a Comment