I Can Do It!
While Jacob asks me ALL day long to get things for him, Scotty helps himself. The mountain goat that he is, he will climb shelves, counters or tables to get what he wants. Yesterday when I came up the stairs after being in the basement for just a short minute, this is what I found!
"Look Mom! I blowing bubbles - cause I CAN DO IT!" He was very proud of himself. The bubbles were on the top shelf in the toy room closet - purposefully. I watched him for a few minutes as I was too pregnant sick to insist he go in the freezing backyard. Then of course the whole bottle spilled. Instantly the sweet boy looked at me and exclaimed, "I sorry, I sorry, I sorry Mom. I did it too fast." I told him it was OK and we cleaned it up with paper towel together.
Scotty has a naturally sweet nature - quick to say sorry, hugs anyone with tears, offers to share with brothers that get sad about toys once he realizes the problem. From the others I always here that it was 'not my fault'. Sometimes it seems he is setting the example for his older brothers.

No comments:
Post a Comment