Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Culinary Secrets

Every Tuesday morning I bake for Scotty.  I try to rotate what I make so that he just might possibly eat what I make during that week.  Today I suggested a few options and he answered with, "Chocolate Cake!"  We have never made chocolate cake for him before.  I had zucchini muffins in mind...but chocolate cake it was!  Thinking he was more likely to eat his own idea, we began after a few searches through recipe books seeing what I could modify.  Scotty had his first taste of chocolate cake batter and was IN LOVE.  Cleaning out the bowl became his new job.  I even secretly snuck a large, finely grated zucchini into the cupcakes hoping he wouldn't notice.  

All the boys wanted to try his delicious looking treats.  Michael happened to see a green vegetable next to the mixing bowl when I was making them.  "Are these cucumber muffins?" he asked scared to take a bite.  I answered, "Of course not!"  ... and it wasn't even a lie.  All boys are in love with this creation.  A cooking success - with a veggie hidden inside!  

No comments: