Friday, March 12, 2010

Mike's Bike

Yesterday after school we finally went to a bike shop to get Mikey a new bike.  He out grew his little bike ages ago, and now it happily was passed onto Jacob.  Of course Jacob protested a bit that he was getting a hand-me-down, but quickly realized it was not too shabby (especially when he realized later that afternoon that he was really great at riding it!).  Michael sincerely thanked me many times for the purchase - he was darling about it all.  

This morning I woke up and was about to head out the door at 6:45 to go running.  Michael was sitting on the couch.  I asked him why he was awake and he answered that he just could not stop thinking about his new bike.  It was too exciting.  I suggested he come with me!  He was shocked and thrilled.  He quickly ran upstairs to put a hat and gloves on and off we went.  We chatted a lot of the time.  He marveled that I ran so far (feeling kind of proud of myself - ha!).  And he loved the feeling of being outside early in the morning - it was invigorating.  Both of us thoroughly enjoyed each other's company - he seemed so much older for a few minutes this morning giving me a glimpse of who he is becoming.  I must say I sure do like him!

(I'll get a photo of him on the bike tomorrow!)

No comments: