Saturday, December 12, 2009

We Made It!

Today is the one year anniversary of Peter's fusion surgery.  This is a big accomplishment for Peter and our family.  One year ago I could not imagine this day - I knew that it was coming at some far future date.  I knew that I would be able to look backwards and say, "Remember when..."  

...when you couldn't walk, when you crawled to the bathroom and got stuck on the floor before surgery, when you tried to walk outside a didn't take a coat with your walker and turned around 20 yards later, when I was wrapping the Christmas gifts upstairs alone on Christmas eve two weeks later and you wanted to be a part of it so badly you walked up the stairs to say hi (you scared me), when I delivered all your meals on that green tray for months, when Jacob wished for a "standing dad" for Christmas, when I was too scared to even touch you because you were in so much pain, when friends came to take you on walks after your dad left or to just sit by your bed and talk, when the little boys would come visit you in your room and later snuggle for a movie with you, when I slept upstairs.   

Tonight we went to a Christmas party at the Berry's house.  One year to the day later we were seeing him again - but at a party!  So much can change in just a year...especially when we turn it all over to the Lord.  Miracles really do happen - this I know.

No comments: