Keeping the Mess
Usually the day after Christmas I have a little freak out of sorts and go into this cleaning frenzy. I start taking every single Christmas item down, carry it to the back kitchen counter starting the moment I walk up stairs in the morning and frantically start cleaning up Christmas. I'm sure I am a joy to be around. But for some reason this year is different. Maybe it is because Christmas was on a Friday and it feels like we should just hang out for the weekend, but I think maybe there are other reasons. For days I have been dreading packing away the Christmas decorations. I will be so sad to see them go. Don't get me wrong - they won't be up till January- I'll put them away tomorrow night for sure so that the house will be clean when Isabel comes Monday morning for a really great cleaning job! But I will be very very sad this year.
...maybe it was little S being so surprised with joy almost every morning to see a Christmas tree in the kitchen. Or maybe it was that most of the things I didn't get out last year because of Peter and it was just so much fun to see them again. Or maybe it was that this really was just the most joyful Christmas season for our family - I have loved creating it with my children, have loved being a part of it with my family and I am so grateful for each project, cookie, friend, picture, present, child performance, party and tradition.

No comments:
Post a Comment