M made a decision about 5 days ago to change. He told me one night in bed that he was going to change. I must admit that I didn't really think much of it at the time - but he was very serious. I am not quite sure what brought upon this decision, maybe he was as tired of the bickering as I was. For 5 straight days, he has not started, participated, instigated any fights with his brothers (particularly the middle one!). He is the very definition of a peacemaker in our home. He quickly obeys both parents. He looks for ways to help both brothers, and is very creative about it. He tries to make family members happy. He is joyful because of it. This is all a DRASTIC change.This morning I had only him in the car on the way to school, and I was going to be the helper mom in his classroom (the other boys were at home already beginning Christmas vacation and had Amy with them). I told him I loved all the choices he was making each day to solve problems, to walk away from fights, to be a helper. He was very proud of himself. He reminded me that he told me he was going to change. I said that Heavenly Father picked him to be the oldest brother in our family for a reason. M's older brothers need him as this great example so they can learn how to be great brothers too. I said Heavenly Father knew what He was doing! He then said with a big smile on his face, "And He knew I would get here some day!!"
No comments:
Post a Comment