Saturday, December 5, 2009

A Thankful Week


We went to Palo Alto for about 5 days for Thanksgiving this year.  It was the first time all the Osborn adult children have all spent an extended time together with all our children.  What a great and crazy weekend!  It is so good for my children to get to know their baby cousins.  



Hiked all together before cooking on Thanksgiving day.  Think - lots of strollers and babies on a warm fall morning.


Ate our feast outside altogether at one long harvest table.  I made little ice cream cone cornucopias like Mom used to make for us.


Drove over the mountains to Half Moon Bay to the Christmas tree farm.  Rode squished and laughing in a the caboose with all 18 of us as Moey's friend took some family photos - and then a few more photos (...as in the one at the top of this entry!).  M chopped tree stumps, S ran up and down the rows of trees laughing, J grabbed any stick he could find.

New PJ's, building Legos with Poppy, Sam & Nathan, trip to the Science Museum, acupuncture introduction, a pie feast, and lots of babies laughing at big cousins.  I think we'll go back!


my thankful list this year:  to have Peter walking, to have been lifted by the Atonement of Christ, to be able to stay home with my children and that Peter can still work, being there to help each boy find their talents and interests, lastly I am not thankful that Peter is so injured nor that he must endure this unimaginable pain - but I am endlessly thankful that I have learned that TOGETHER (with the Lord) we can do HARD things...whatever is coming next in our lives or our childrens'.



No comments: