Sunday, December 6, 2009

Making Christmas

J is my baker.  When we woke up to fresh snow, M with a tummy ache, sore throat and too sick to go to church - I turned on some Christmas music sending J and I to the mixer. I should say S and I made his version of cookies first.  J always lets me make the allergy-free cookies first (one of the only times he steps aside). We always make something for him to look the same. After we measure and scoop each ingredient I have the boys repeat both, "1/2 teaspoon baking powder" and then they repeat in unison while standing on the black kitchen stools, "one-half teaspoon baking powder".  

Then we dump...or pour.  S loves cracking eggs; J refuses because he doesn't like to get his hands dirty.  Always one big smell of the vanilla ("mmm vanilla ice-cream" thinks J), and a taste of the brown sugar.  Soon we had little Christmas trees and Santas baking in the oven.  The house smelled like Christmas all day.
 

M joined us a bit later to work on legos and admire his brothers' culinary treats.  A perfect Sabbath sick morning.

No comments: