Sunday, December 13, 2009

Christmas Church Shirts

This morning I was so excited to get all the boys dressed in their matching "brother" Christmas church shirts.  Green, red and white flannel plaid, I knew they would love the feel of the soft shirts and would be excited to try them on.  When they have matching clothes for the holidays or pj's, they always call them "brother" clothes, and love to look the same.  Usually the cute clothes are courtesy of a generous grandmother - this time Candace.  Well, this morning we were in our usual rush to get ready for church.  S was crying the whole morning.  I was focused on the cute photo and getting to primary on time, I hate to admit.  P even got out bubbles in the kitchen to help S cheer up at breakfast.  What a creative dad!  With all 3 looking cute (I would take the photo after church - I had to make it to primary and S was still crying), we made it into the car. Finally S just said from his car seat in a loud assertive voice, "A big owie is stuck in my tummy!!!  It won't get out!!!!" and then started screaming!!

Sooooo now I am at home, P went off to church with the big boys, delivering my primary things to the other ladies.  At least S could talk and tell me what was wrong.  I was carrying him downstairs saying I would change him into pj's and cuddle on the couch with him.  He asked, "And then the big owie will go away?" Sad.  I wish I could make all my children's owies go away that easily.  This is just part of his usual tummy issues.  

This is the photo I get instead!  His Letter Blakie and Binkie, jammies and the couch. After a long cuddle, I now have some Christmas cookies baking in the oven that ALL the kids can eat.  Maybe next time I'll pay more attention to my child instead of what I have in mind!  Sheesh.  I win the mom award this morning. 

...and maybe that cute photo next Sunday!

No comments: