Friday, October 21, 2011
We Tried
Every day when Jacob has come home from school this week, the first thing he asks for is a project. Michael loves to invent his own creations with all our art supplies. Jacob always prefers a defined craft. He calls a project as a something I have found online, purchased supplies for, and have set up ready to go. I think he likes the structure, knowing how it should turn out in the end and feeling the accomplishment of making it correctly. He is especially excited about Halloween crafts right now - and has begged me every day to get some ready.
I was excited to announce yesterday after school that I had 4 projects planned for 4 days! Jacob threw his arms around me, beaming with a smile from ear to ear.
Yet, today's project was not so successful. We tried making "Jack Pops" (the skeleton character from Nightmare Before Christmas) out of Oreos dipped in white chocolate. Unfortunately the white chocolate chips were the wrong kind of chocolate and did not melt thin enough to dip the Oreos. We tried spreading - and this was the messy result. It didn't seem to bother him. He just loved that we were all together at the kitchen counter working on it. Cute boy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Darling....Kiana loves projects and we'll have to try these in prep for Halloween. Can't wait to see their costumes :)))
Post a Comment