Colin is finally feeling better 5 days after his cow milk exposure. The poor baby went thru acid poop, burned skin, fevers, throwing up, days of diarrhea, and lots of crying. Sad. Luckily he has slept a lot as his body tries to heal. Even though this is my second time around with FPIES, I must admit I am still shocked at the severity of symptoms that exposures to allergens cause. I never get used to that part. These exposures happen so infrequently these days because his diet is strictly controlled, and I am not currently testing any new foods. It instantly brings me back to the days when Scotty was so frequently sick. I must admit I hate it. All of it. I hate this disease/disorder and what it does to my babies. Looking forward to its end...it can't come too soon.
This is his favorite toy - the last one year old to roll the ball down the spiral over and over again. I knew he was feeling better when he just wanted out of my arms to play with toys. Hooray!
No comments:
Post a Comment