Today Colin is one-year-old! What a happy day!
Last year at this time was one of the best days of my life. I went into
the hospital so sick - to be induced three weeks before my due date. This was the earliest I could be induced - we had checked his lungs the day before with an amnio. Luckily he was all cooked! As I walked into the hospital I immediately asked for an IV. The nurses hooked
me up before I was even checked in. I was so very very sick. The delivery room was filled with beloved women in my life for this last birth. Mom, Karin, Whitney and Candace (and of course Peter) were in attendance for his birth. It was perfect, joyous, and a miracle. I loved sharing it with them - it felt like a celebration. I imagine women across history have been surrounded by other women during childbirth. This really added a special feeling to this last birth. We celebrated my birthday & his, that night in the hospital room with cake and all the family that was here in SLC. I left the hospital 2 days later feeling great for the first time in 9 months,
with a darling last baby in my arms. 7 pound 13 ounces ... and he just kept growing chunkier and cuter!
Colin is the most loved baby in the world. He has 3 older brothers that
dote on him all day, every day. Peter and I are smitten. This little
boy is a special member of our family. His addition made us feel complete.The celebrating is getting postponed until Sunday. Peter and Michael are both super sick. Luckily he is just a baby, and too young to know!
Colin the one-year-old can:
-say "mama" "dada" "daddy"-
- roar, moo, sniff, bark-
-walk across the room-
-plays patty-cake with all the hand motions-
-wave "bye-bye"-
-kick a ball-
-throw a ball-
-loves to read books-
-conducts the music at church with each hymn-
-loves laughing at his brothers-
-always prefers to be outside-
-dances to all music-
-likes to play hide and seek...he is a good finder-
-finds the moon on night walks with Bella the dog-
-holds up his chubby little finger to say "one"-




No comments:
Post a Comment