Friday, October 28, 2011

Robot Boy

 Scotty regularly digs thru our prolific costume box, finding a different amazing costume each time that he wants to wear on Halloween.  I purposely did not buy him a costume, knowing he would change his mind at the last minute.  3 days ago he started telling everyone he spoke to that he was going to be a robot for Halloween.  "But Scotty, we don't have a robot costume," I politely explained.  "That's OK mom, you can make me one!" he happily replied.  And so yesterday after school, the big boys and I made a robot costume for this morning's Halloween parade at Virginia Tanner Fine Arts Preschool.  When he first saw the completed costume he exclaimed while grinning from ear to ear, "I love it so much, I might cry!"

 Once we got to school, he decided the arms were uncomfortable, and requested I remove them.  First the children paraded to Halloween music around the dance room.  Then each class did a dance.  Scotty's dance was about jumping over pumpkins.  He was darling, and not a bit nervous for his first performance in front of a room of adults [both Michael and Jacob were unable to perform at this age, overcome with stage fright!] .  The little girls in his class loved turning the lights on and off. 


No comments: