Off to the ER once again. Scotty has a "trampoline fracture" just below his knee on his right leg. It turns out this is a special fracture occurring in children ages 3-5 years old. It happens generally from being double bounced on a trampoline. He was in unusual screaming pain after a few bounces at a birthday party on Friday. I called Peter at work, informing him that I thought I needed to take him to get his leg checked after observing him for a couple hours. Peter took the other kids to birthday party #2. The fracture does not turn up an an x-ray, but both Attendings agreed that it was there. Eventually they decided not to splint his leg because he was able to walk on it so well as the many hours progressed.
We had to keep him off his leg on Saturday. Our wii was broken. Peter decided it was time to replace it (being that they were also on sale....and knowing that would keep him down all day!). The big boys happily thanked Scotty for breaking his leg. Scotty replied, "I will break it every week!".

1 comment:
Poor Scotty!! Alex's fractures don't show up on x-rays either, only from bone scans. Glad he is doing okay, and looks so sweet in the picture! :) Love that boy!
Post a Comment