Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sunday Dessert

I always make dessert on Sundays. Depending on your perspective, this way the week either begins or ends with a special homemade sweet treat. It is my little way of saying, "I love you!" to all my boys. I enjoy thinking of each of their taste preferences, favorites and what happens to be the current season. Fruit buckle with vanilla ice cream for Peter in the summer, cheese cake for Jacob in the winter, cookies with sprinkles for Scotty on a rainy day, Renae's chocolate sheet cake for Michael any time! All of us look forward to whatever it might be - and we often share the meal and dessert with guests. Today I really wasn't up to cooking a large Sunday dinner as I usually do (and pulled meatballs I had previously made out of the freezer to put on pasta), but I could not pass up making dessert! One of the summer treats from our farmers market are sour pie cherries sold by an old man in his stand at the front of the market. He is there every year - and I always buy many tubs of his cherries that are already pitted and frozen. Even Scotty (the world's pickiest eater by design) could not resist trying the pie this evening. We have decided as a family that we all LOVE cherry pie!

No comments: