I looking thru the photos from this month and realized I missed these ones that Peter took a few Saturdays ago - the BIG CAVE HIKE! I of course was home being sick. But, the boys all talk about this hike almost every day still, and not because it was fun. This was traumatic. We have long heard about the hike to the Timpanogas Caves. It is at the beginning of the American Fork Canyon, and seemed like a great afternoon activity according to all resources. Well, it turned out to be a 1.5 mile hike straight UP on a skinny cliff-lined trail in 95 degree weather.
The report:
The boys each drank their entire large Gatorade just on the hike up.
Peter had to hold Scotty's hand (or carry him) the entire way so he didn't fall off the cliff.
And the cave was tiny (albeit nice and cold) when they got to the top.
That night Scotty did thank Heavenly Father for the stalactites and stalagmites in his bed-time prayer. So at least he did learn something!
The others have sworn off ever going there again.

No comments:
Post a Comment