I have loved summer reading since I was in elementary school. My earliest memory is a summer reading program my dad made for me: $0.25 for the first book, $0.50 for the second...and it kept doubling with each book. I made hundreds of dollars! If I was getting paid this summer - I'd be rich! Instead it is just pure enjoyment (and some garbage that I threw away).

Eathan Frome and Selected Stories by Edith Wharton
Summer House by Nancy Thayer
The Folded Leaf by William Maxell
The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
Charms for the Easy Life by Kaye Gibbons
The Scarlet Pimpernel by Emmuska Orczy
I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith
Summer People by Elin Hilderbrand
Olive Kitridge by Elizabeth Strout
Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins
All the Little Live Things by Wallace Stegner
The Sweetness of the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley
Drive by Daniel Pink
Joy in the Morning by Betty Smith
Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
No comments:
Post a Comment