Friday, August 6, 2010

Sharing Milestones

It is one of life's greatest pleasures to have dear friends with whom to share it all. This summer both Michael and Samantha get baptized. Jodi and I enjoy remembering when we had little one year olds in Boston - taking them to library time each week in Winchester, and then walking by the duck ponds. It was so much fun, and the beginning of many years together. Now our oldest are 8 year-olds, and the time has flown by. Samantha was baptized earlier this summer, and Jodi just sent me some photos. I cried thru her whole service - she seems more like a niece to me I suppose. Mostly I am just grateful to have friends with whom we are all doing this together. This, being: life. Teaching children, loving children, loving spouses, solving problems, serving in church callings, running lots of miles, adding new babies to our families and figuring out how to thrive being ourselves in the mix of it all. It is one big adventure.



No comments: