3 boys. 3 stories.
Today Michael went to piano camp in the afternoon. It consists of 3 fun afternoons with his piano teacher's son, who is a music composition major at Harvard. He loves it. While he was gone, Jacob began to set up Playmobile castle world in the toy room as Scotty napped. Jacob is my toy lover. When given alone time, he loves to be with his toys. For over 2 hours he played, setting up 2 battling castles, dragons and knights. Talking quietly to himself, I really don't know what the exact play was. When he was finished he came to me saying:
-Mom, I feel like a dragon.
-How do dragons feel?
-Dragony. I feel like my throat is hot and I want to breathe fire.
-You have been thinking about dragons for a long time.
-Yes I have. And I want to train one!
At piano camp, the children are earning pretend money throughout the afternoon. Before heading home, they get to go shopping from an assortment of candy and small toys. Michael LOVES this part of it. Yesterday he came home with 3 small boxes of Sugar Babies caramel candy. He announced that he used his money to buy each of his brothers a treat. When he found out that Scotty couldn't have the caramel, he saved the candy as a secret in the kitchen. Today after camp, he came home so excited - he spent ALL his money on some Spiderman bubbles for Scotty. He presented each brother with their presents - proud that they loved them.
Scotty was thrilled with his bubbles - hugging and kissing Michael. Later he was cuddled on my lap. He says:
-Why is your lap getting smaller?
-Because my belly is getting bigger.
-Yeah, you are right - it is. Suck it in and make it tiny.
-I can't. There is a baby inside.
-Then squish it with your hand like this. (He tries to push hard on my stomach).
-That would squish the baby!
-OK. Let's try!!
That got Michael's giggle going. We all laughed.
No comments:
Post a Comment