Monday, June 21, 2010

19 Weeks

Here is Colin! Almost halfway thru being pregnant with my last baby. He is about 6 inches long from head to bum and weighs about 11 ounces. I took all 3 boys with me to the ultrasound (being that no babysitter was available). They were patient and exceptionally calm, as the appointment was much longer than expected. It turns out that he has bilateral choroid plexis cysts in his brain. Jacob had one of these as well - and at that time I really freaked out. They are markers for a number of different chromosomal disorders. Basically what that means is that half of babies born with those disorders had these in their brain. It does not cause any cognition problems, it is just something the doctors look for to try to determine these disorders. I go back and we will check if they have resolved themselves at about 26 weeks. And so we wait....

I let myself be stressed out for one day (and meanwhile puked all day!). I have learned a lot in 4 years. Our family has had an unusual amount of consecutive health problems during this time - and with these, countless preistood blessings for health and comfort. I have learned that there are many definitions of "everything will be OK", and "healthy". It is not my definition of these terms, but of course the Lord's. For example, Scotty still must eat his very specific diet but he is very healthy right now. And we are all OK! Peter must move his body differently and limit his physical activity, but he is OK ... and walking! I have learned that when the Lord knows you can do something that might seem too hard, it turns out that you can. I can. So I am not sure what the outcome of this will be. I will hope and pray for health each day. But whatever we are given and asked to do...we can.

No comments: