Friday, June 18, 2010

10 Years and Counting...

Peter and I headed to Santa Barbara for 5 whole glorious days to celebrate 10 fantastic married years together. We have never left our kids quite so long (the longest being 2 nights to downtown big Salt Lake City!). They were under the most wonderful care of Chris and Katie Leavitt. It was the most relaxing, restorative, healthy 5 days we could have ever imagined. It was definitely worth waiting 10 years for!!

Peter read and wrote many hours for his research prelim by the pool, did plenty of Crossfit workouts, and watched lots of soccer and basketball. I read books, rested, dreamed of running and kept from getting sick even once the whole trip! I think I might be finally cured We ate at fabulous restaurants - great food that is, not all super fancy. One of our favorites was a crab and fried-fish dive at the end of the wharf. Delicious. Never once did we run out of things to talk about - a good sign since it was the most one-on-one time we have ever shared in 8 years. And neither of us was sick of each other by the end...just finally missing hugs from 3 cute kids. Another good sign! We stayed at the Four Seasons - so that was beyond gorgeous, luxurious and peaceful. Not a hotel I would take kids too...perfect. All just perfect.
Oh my hugeness! Half-way there and I am already enormous.
I can't imagine how large I will be by the end...
is this what happens with #4? yikes.

No comments: