This week I taught Scotty matching games for the first time. Not surprisingly, he was a master matcher! We first played a fairytale matching game. I chose about 6 matches - so 12 cards. He instantly understood the game, and never made a mistake. I slowly added more cards the next 3 times we played. He loved stacking his matched pairs. It was fun for me to watch his almost 3 year old brain working.
Then I got out our alphabet magnets. I took all of them off the board, and he began matching. He doesn't know which letter is which yet (except for M, O and sometimes S and K). But he could look at each letter and find it on the board to MATCH! He did not stop until he was finished with all 26, working completely focused on his singular goal. I love watching that little brain churning away!!
No comments:
Post a Comment