Monday, February 15, 2010

Love Tradition

With hours ticking by yesterday, we still had to squeeze in decorating heart sugar cookies just before bedtime.  Nothing like a sugar rush for three little boys before settling down for the night.  Each boy had one big cookie to decorate and a whole stack of littles.  Jacob said that he couldn't eat his big one tonight because he wanted it to sit out overnight and let the frosting get hard and crunchy.  "It is SOOOO good that way!" he declared, and we all agreed that we actually like them that way too.  

I love holiday traditions - especially with small children.  Even though it is a dang good cookie recipe (an old newspaper clipping photocopied from my mom's recipe book), the cookies taste better just because it was V-day and I was at the kitchen table decorating them with MY kids just like when I was little.  Thanks Mom, for the tasty tradition.  We all love it! (Even Scotty, who got his own version of course - and was thrilled to have heart shaped cookies for the first time).

No comments: