On our wall in the mud room we have our family motto, "we can do hard things". We know this because we have had an unusual amount of health challenges in the past 7 or so years that taught us that we Osborns are really tough. The other day we had tons of kids at our house and everyone was getting shoes on to head out the door quickly. Scotty was crying loudly because the tongue of his shoe was stuck down inside the shoe and nobody was responding to his cries of help [sometimes it is tough being stuck in the middle of so many]. He was on the floor next to my feet and I heard him take a deep breath, halt the tears, and say to himself:
"I can do this. Osborns can do hard things!"
He fixed his own shoe, plastered a satisfied grin on his face and marched out the door. I love when my children have their own small triumphs - most of which I never even know about. I love when our motto is applied even to the smallest challenges for our smaller boys.
No comments:
Post a Comment