Thursday, December 20, 2012

Dance Night

Every Wednesday evening after dinner, Jacob and I drive up to Salt Lake so he can go to dance.  He loves The Dance Company and his teachers.  This is his happiest place to be.  After I pick him up we always stop at Baskin Robbins so he can get a cone for the ride home.  I love my Jacob time, and the long conversations we get to have without brothers on these drives.  Last night we talked about working hard in school.  He wondered how people got jobs?  Was it easy?  Some people don't have jobs.  Who did he know that was in college?  We talked about Alex.  He wanted to hear all about college - Navy - college again.  Sometimes life doesn't work out how you think it will, and we talked about how important it is to still work hard in the face of disappointment.  Big conversations that I love with my boy!

No comments: