
This morning I went to the most lovely children's concert I have ever attended. Classes I and II had their Christmas concert this morning at school. We gathered in the concert hall as the show opened with a woman soprano singing a traditional carol called "Alleluia He is Born" as the children all sang the Alleluia chorus. For an hour we were treated to songs of the season - about Christ, ringing bells, winter birds, the North wind, Hanukkah [accompanied by a beautiful trumpet] and sleeping baby Jesus. The high school percussion section of the orchestra provided the music along with piano - another gorgeous treat - with bells, drums, and a variety of different xylophones I have never seen. The entire concert was recorded so that each child can have a CD later. It was incredible. Jacob doesn't even love singing and was quite nervous this morning. But he loved being a part of something beautiful and was extremely proud of the show. Beauty touches all our hearts, and I particularly was grateful for it this morning.

No comments:
Post a Comment