Sunday, February 12, 2012

Totally Worth It


Last week I got a call from the school saying Michael hit his head hard at recess and was in the office.  Last year Jacob had a very bad head injury at school that was mishandled and changed how the school handled all head injuries - and so I was initially a bit concerned about this call.  Brooke reported that Michael was going to  have a big bump on his head, they were putting ice on it, no concussions, etc.   I asked if I needed to come and get him.  She answered that she thought he would be OK - then she paused.  "And he wants me to tell you, that it was totally worth it!"  she reported.

When I picked him up from school I said I wanted to hear the story - it must be good!

Michael quickly answered, "The Queen of England was on a hike in the Wasatch Mountains.  When out of nowhere the snow rose up into Snow Bandits and started attacking her.  I had to go rescue her."  What?  He got a good laugh, "You said you wanted a good story!"

The true story was that he was saving the basketball from going out of bounds, determined to get the rebound and went sliding head-first into the cement base of the teather-ball pole.  All the skin taken off the top of his knee, and a big red bump were all worth keeping the ball in play!  He must be Peter's son.

No comments: