Saturday, February 4, 2012

A Difficult Place To Go

We have purchased our first piece of real art.  I never knew how thrilling and emotional such a purchase could be.  It is my most favorite item I have ever spent money on in my whole life!  I am so lucky this will hang in our new home.  Wow.

Last night I went up to the Brian Kershisnik show at the Meyer Gallery in Park City.  Koni came with me, and we picked Jodi up on our way.  Peter stayed home with all the crazies so I could have a fun evening.  I had already purchased the painting, but was seeing it for the first time completed.  I first saw this painting at Brian's studio when we were invited to visit last October.  Brian gave me a big hug, so happy that we bought it. 

It is titled, "A Difficult Place To Go".  For me, this is my journey with my 2 youngest boys that I have spent years trying to feed.  I have a very emotional connection to this art.  In this painting, angels are directing this woman as she follows their suggestion.  I cannot count the times Heaven has directed me, and with faith I learned to just follow.  Thru this I have learned how much hard work faith in action actually takes. 

Seeing this painting is overwhelming for me.  Art is so personal.  The way for me to go, has been more than difficult - but I have been led, directed and guided the entire way.  ...And so I go!

3 comments:

Joy said...

Thank you for sharing that.

ellen said...

It's beautiful.

Mike Murray said...

What a wonderful thing for our family to have met Brian!