After much research I have purchased a bread machine in order to perfect GF bread baking. I am happy to report that it was wildly successful! This recipe is gluten, dairy, soy, rice, nut-FREE!
I ordered a Cuisinart CBK-100 Programmable Breadmaker.
It was less than $100. There are many more fancy ones available on the market, but this one seemed to be the most economical choice that also has a specific Gluten Free setting.
I followed this incredible and well tested bread recipe by the Gluten Free Goddess.
My only substitution was using organic canola oil in place of olive oil. I also added an extra Tbs of honey. The results were stunning. This bread is so delicious. Everyone in the family loved it.
Delicious Gluten-Free Bread Recipe
First- whisk together your dry ingredients and set aside:
1 1/2 cups sorghum flour
1 cup tapioca starch or potato starch(not potato flour!)
1/2 cup GF millet flour
2 teaspoons xanthan gum
1/ 1/4 teaspoons fine sea salt
1 packet rapid dry yeastor 2 1/4 teaspoons
Pour the liquid ingredients into the bread machine pan first:
1 1/4 cups warm water (at 110 to 115ºF)
3 tablespoons organic canola oil
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
2 organic free-range eggs
Gently pour the mixed dry ingredients on top of the liquid.
Set your bread machine program for 1.5 loaf medium crust. Set to the Gluten-Free cycle.
If you like a crusty loaf (or your past experience results in a gummy center/fallen top) remove the bread from the pan and place it in the oven at 350ºF for an additional 10 minutes- keep an eye on it and don't let it get too brown. It should be a light golden color.
Cool the loaf before slicing for best results.

No comments:
Post a Comment