Scotty thinks about spirits, Jesus, living, dieing, what his spirit looks like, where is heaven, how long he will live, etc. We talk about these things all day long. His favorite movie is Peter Pan - he loves the idea of Neverland, and getting to stay a little boy his whole life. I recently bought him a book called, "I Like to Be Little" by Charlotte Zolotow (favorite!), which he loves to read with me.
2 recent conversations.
2 nights ago at dinner he says to me, "Mom, what if when I die I get born in another body and I start all over again!? And then again and again and again!"
I say to him, "Lots of people in this world think that is what happens."
Michael thought the idea was crazy, I told him a bit about reincarnation.
Scotty, still thinking about it adds, "And then you go and go until you get to the top - and then you just...stop!"
Yes. Most of Asia believes this is what happens, it is called Buddhism.
Yesterday we were parked in the pick up line at school (our Jewish school I might add). Scotty says to me, "Mom did you know that Jesus is really real?"
Me: "Yes, I know he is real."
S: "I am going to open my window and tell him I know it."
He proceeded to unbuckle out of his carseat, roll down his window, stick out his head and yell multiple times, "Jesus! I know you are real up there!! Hi Jesus!!"
It was pretty cute, and quite hilarious being that it is a Jewish school. Of course I didn't stop him. I hope Jesus actually hears these sincere communications from little children that really feel his presence in their lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment