Monday, April 25, 2011

Eggs

Scotty has always loved eggs. I am not sure why. He loves toy eggs, holding real eggs, books about eggs, musical eggs, (he doesn't like eating eggs), he likes cracking eggs, and any thing about eggs. He is young enough that he forgets what each holiday is really about. When we pulled out all the supplies to dye eggs on Saturday night, I thought he might POP with excitement at this surprise. I had about 5 dozen eggs to dye that I boiled earlier that afternoon. The older boys were very creative - drawing with crayons, using scotch tape to make patterns.
Scotty loved to leave his eggs in the dark green and the turquoise to see how dark they could get. He didn't understand that we were hunting for them on Sunday. When we were finished he was very sad, and then devastated to wait to hunt. He took one dark green egg out to the back yard and hid it for him self - over and over and over again.


No comments: