Monday, April 25, 2011

Baskets & New Clothes


All the little traditions of a holiday signal to each one of us that it is time to celebrate. Each boy has his own favorite holiday markers. As they are getting older, I enjoy seeing which things they search for as the holiday approaches. As Peter and I were cleaning up a very messy house last night he remarked, "Our boys sure do love holidays!" And they do. I love that they enjoy all the little traditions that have become - us.
-Michael enjoyed getting dressed nice for church in new Easter clothes, and we had a thoughtful discussion about what we were actually celebrating and how that even (or didn't) relate to a bunny and eggs. Then he loved hiding the eggs this year for his little cousins and brothers.
-They all love the children's books that I pulled out 2 weeks ago. We have been reading them all vacation. This year's favorite: Little Bunny Follows His Nose
-Jacob loved the decorations and Easter candy, which he promptly organized.
-Scotty loved dying the eggs. He especially loved the plastic eggs in his basket filled with candy, and the wind-up chicken that "pooped" jelly beans.

And now for the fashion shots before church...of the kids that is: (and note the mom that didn't have time to brush hair...busy making a very yummy dinner!).



No comments: