This past week Scotty has tried treats from two different eateries. Both were thrilling.
1. Grocery shopping together at Whole Foods, I stopped the cart in front of the bakery case. The pastries are made at a local bakery and list the ingredients so I could read if he could have them or not. I quickly discovered that with the new addition of "cow milk", he could actually choose a pastry from the store. He has never done something like this ever before. I let him pick anything he wanted. His eyes popping out of his head, he talked about every choice - what they looked like, what they might taste like. A woman that worked in the bakery was listening to our conversation the entire time. Finally he picked a cinnamon sticky-bun as large as his head covered in frosting. She gave him a thumbs-up on his choice saying they were delicious. Very pleased he whispered to me, "Mom, the grocery police said these are very yummy!!" It was all just so exciting.
2. We went as a family to Baskin Robbins to get ice cream with Whitney before she moved to San Diego last week. Baskin Robbins lists which flavors have soy, and which do not. For the first time I told Scotty he could choose ice cream there (we did not bring separate ice cream from home for him, which we always do). He was so excited - he ran up & down the store for many minutes. His excitement could not be contained. Scotty picked purple-green-orange swirled sherbet - the brightest in the case! He calls it "Wild Shervet". We all loved watching him eat and savor each shockingly colored bite!!
No comments:
Post a Comment