Saturday, March 12, 2011

Growing-up

Mr. Scotty is almost 4 years old, and lately he is acting like the big boy he is about to become. 3 recent stories about this darling boy.

1. Yesterday Scotty dropped a toy on the floor from the kitchen counter. I asked him to "pick it up". Scotty broke into song, "Pick it up, pick it up, pick it up - up - up!". He sang the song over and over for about 10 minutes. The big boys were cracking up. Mikey had to explain to me that it was from a Justin Bieber song (Amy has the song on her phone). Scotty turned to me and quietly said, "I did it to make the big boys laugh," knowing he was funny and with perfect timing.
2. This morning I walked out of the bathroom wrapped in a towel straight out of the shower. I stepped directly on a buzzer (the kind that you hide in your hand to joke with someone when you are shaking their hand - a hand buzzer). The buzzer went off under my foot. I screamed. Scotty burst into peals of laughter, then pumped his fist and said, "Yes! it worked!". He was hiding around the corner of the bathroom hoping I would step on this buzzer, and I really did! He was just thrilled. The big boys came running when I screamed. They all gave Scotty high-fives. He was so proud.
3. Yesterday while the big boys each had a play dates here at our house, Scotty thought of an activity he could do . He brought me the stapler and asked me to teach him how to use it. Next he asked me how to teach him to use the staple remover. Scotty would staple into the paper and then remove each staple. He did this for a at least 25 minutes.






No comments: