Saturday, March 12, 2011

First Food

First food for baby number 4 is a different experience than for the first child. I remember being so excited to give Michael his first tastes of baby cereal, just waiting for the day he turned 4 months old. With Colin, I have had the box of cereal in the pantry for 2 weeks. On a warm spring afternoon while the big boys were outside playing I figured I had a spare 15 minutes before starting dinner for everyone else, and this was just as good as time as any. As the photos attest, the baby loved it! ...and for him it was still a momentous occasion.
Peter happened to walk in the door a few minutes early home from work and luckily picked up the camera to record the event in this little boy's life. He is so active, feeding him is a disastrous mess. Soon I will begin making the big batches of baby food late at night, a ritual that now feels familiar. I look forward to feeding a healthy eater!

No comments: